Saturday, September 18, 2004

Okay, today was the first day of rehearsal in the actual space that we will be performing in. Since we are performing downtown the adventure started for me before I even arrived at the theater.

I am exploring options for parking since we are in downtown LA and parking absolutely sucks. I digress. I weighed my options other than driving and decided on mass transit. Today was my first day riding the bus today. It would have been much easier to drive and pay $3-7 dollars to park, but it also would have been much more boring. So I took the route less traveled.

It worked out quite well; it took about 35 minutes and cost $1.25 each way. I don't know that I'll do it everyday, but the option is there.

Rehearsal, it was a long day. Productive, but long. These dance/marching moves are kicking my ass to say the least. I just cannot dance to save my life. I am pretty even-keeled and don't get frustrated by too many things, but this is just killing me. I might be a little hard on myself, but it drives me crazy. I have to say that I have received quite a bit of support from the other cast members. I feel like I'm started to whine about it and I have to stop it and use that energy to concentrate and get the routines down. I do not want to be the weak link, if there is one.

I have to say that I am really working with some wonderful, talented and interesting people. I'm really trying to make it a point to sit down with everyone, even if just for a moment, and learn something about them. People come into your lives for a reason.................right?

Anyway, the bus ride home was a little more interesting. A man who had had a little bit too much to drink chose to sit really, really close to me on the bus. I thought we were dating!! It so reminded me of being back in New York it wasn't even funny. I didn't know if he was trying to pick-pocket me or what. "Good luck; I have very, very little money I thought". He kept apologizing to me, finally he got off at his stop.

Some of the sights were a bit depressing downtown. There are so many people who look as if they have such a hard life. It really reminds me of what I have to be thankful for.

No comments: