Saturday, September 04, 2004

Today is, most likely, going to be one of those days. I can feel it. It was two years ago today that I demanded that my mom go to the hospital for a medical check up. She went in that day and the next day she was admitted to the hospital. Little did I know that she was suffering from pancreatic cancer and we would lose her in two months. So needless to say this is a not a great memory for me. I still can't believe she's gone.This was not the best of days for me at rehearsal. We did dance/movement today for 4 hours. First of all, I am not a dancer and I don't move particularly well. So I have that baggage with me most of the time. The problem was that the choreographer and the percussionist were speaking two different languages. Not literally, but the choreographer was speaking in "counts" i.e. "and 1 and 2 and 3 and.....and 8" whereas the percussionist was speaking in "beats of the drums". They didn't match up. Well after about 30 minutes of miscommunication from them I was pissed and tired. I don't get riled up too often but I was PISSED, I even had a little outburst if you can imagine that. I don't expect them to hold my hand through the whole thing, but at least give me clear direction. After rehearsal a couple of them pulled me aside and let me vent. I explained my frustrations and told them I would keep doing my best to keep up. This same thing happened with the show I did in NYC, I'll get it eventually.

No comments: