Friday, October 08, 2004

It looks this is going to be a really busy day. No complaints, that's why I moved here.

Audition: "Center of the Universe" @ Valko/Miller Casting. I went to producers for this show about two weeks ago. It went well that time, but I didn't book. Again, it's a character that's looks like it could recur. CD associate Peter Pappas takes me in the room and partner Nikki Valko is there. The last time I read for the other partner Ken Miller. The read goes really well and they ask if I can wait outside. They finish with the rest of the other actors and bring me back in with news of a callback in two hours. YES!!! AND it doesn't conflict, time wise, with 3 other appointment I have today.

The callback goes really well too. I would love to book this, but at minimum, Nikki Valko, Ken Miller & Peter Pappas know that I can come in the room and deliver the goods. THAT is a good feeling.

Audition: "The Suite Life" @ London/Stroud Casting. I booked "Arli$$" through this office several years ago. When my agent called she hadn't seen the sides and wasn't sure if I wanted to go in on it. I checked the material and it looked like a character that could return to the show so I said "yeah". She seemed a little surprised. Maybe because I turned down an audition last week for a one line role.

This one went really well UNTIL I went in the room. I don't know, I felt really prepared, but then I got in the room and kinda froze. I don't think I made a fool of myself. I just know that I could have done a lot better. There was producer and director in the room as well. The casting director was cool, but I didn't feel free for some reason. Who knows, sometimes we are better than we think we are. This kinda hurts because I think I was really right for it.

Audition: "Monk" @ CFB Casting. This is like the fourth time I've auditioned for this show, one of these days I am going to book. I promise!!! CD associate Cheryl Kloner called me directly for this. I felt a little young for this role as a doctor, but I went for it anyway. I flipped the last line around backwards/forward, but I felt that character was there. I don't think this will be the time I will score the show, but who knows.

Audition: "Citizen's Bank" @ Ross Lacy Casting. Sometimes I think Ross calls me in so often to see how many times I can audition for his office and NOT book. It's the 3rd time this week I've been to his office. This audition goes really well, but I think I am too young.

After these 4 auditions and a callback I make to my understudy rehearsal an hour late. Yeah, understudy rehearsal. It didn't really help me out too much, but I was there to try learn the blocking/lines of the characters I'm covering. It's difficult because I am in the same scenes as most of them. It was good for me though.

We've had two really good reviews for the show so far that we are excited about. Tonight's performance had a weird little vibe to it. I think the casts', me included, concentration was a little off. This weekend we are sharing dressing rooms with several opera performers and they were doing their vocal warm-ups which kinda changed our prep. Also, the house speakers so that we can hear the show in the dressing rooms were not working for some reason. I felt we were a little disconnected. All in all it was good, but not great. After the show I met an actress from NY who I have communicated with online, but never in person. She just moved to LA and came to see the show. Thanks Pepper!!!

Afterwards, most of the cast went to a restaurant for drinks. It's great getting to hang with everyone, I don't usually go out on the the town that often so it's a great change of pace. This outing with the cast was nothing like last weeks at The Standard and that was probably a good thing.

No comments: