Thursday, October 07, 2004

Today we had our first matinee performance for LAUSD high school students. There was one problem: only 11 out of 80 students showed up. Something about them having a substitute teacher today and when that happens the kids skip school. We got the word right before we went on and the show went as schedule. It was a spirited performance for the kids especially. Let me tell you, those 11 kids paid attention to the story let us know that they were really in to it.

This had my heart beating a bit. 10 minutes to places and one of the guys I am understudying wasn't there. Oh sh*t!! Am I gonna have to go right now. At first I was a nervous, but then I stepped up and started getting my head right just in case it was really going to go down. I think I could have gotten through it and brought something to plate. I was ready!! At the last minute my man Roderick showed up. He had an audition and was running late. Whew!!!

Audition: "Border's Books" @ Ross Lacy Casting. This one goes well enough, so we'll see. I mentioned this audition info to my buddy John. He called his agent and got an appointment too. I offered to watch his 4-month old daughter Hazel (I am her Godfather) while he auditioned. Let me tell you it's amazing the way people respond to children, especially women!! I should take her everywhere with me. It might be for selfish reasons though.

No comments: