Wednesday, October 06, 2004

The other day I saw something that kinda disturbed me a bit. It was this: "'Fear Factor' Fives Nights a Week". Yeah, I didn't expect to see reality in repeats or syndication. I guess I should have known better. I am guilty of watching a little of it myself. I love "The Apprentice" and I enjoy "Top Model", but that's about it. Beyond that it's "Nip/Tuck", "ER", "Cold Case", "Without A Trace", "NASCAR", anything of "The Discovery Channel" and of course my motocross racing on ESPN2. Even just the two reality shows I watch prevent hundreds of actors from working in a given season, not to mention writers and directors.

This morning I read some encouraging news though. There are several scripted shows that are doing quite well. "Lost", "Desperate Housewives", "Joey" and "CSI: NY" seem to be doing quite well. It's still early and some of the hype may be from networks themselves. I hope they stay strong in the ratings. That will hopefully lead to more scripted programming for actors in the near future.

No comments: