Sunday, October 31, 2004

Tonight "For The Love of Freedom Part III: CHRISTOPHE (The Spirit) Passion and Glory" closed. What a shame, I feel that we could go on at least 4 more weekends. Well not really a shame, it's nice to go out on top. We weren't able to extend because we have to be out of the theatre.

I had another little surprise for "my lady" in our scene tonight. Last night I gave her the big kiss, tonight I put a ring on her finger THEN gave her the big kiss. HA!! It was funny to see the look on her face. It really added more texture for us in the scene. I don't anyone else could tell what was happening, but it definitely gave the two of us a new different for the moment. Geez, if we had another night who knows what've happened. I would have come up with something.

When the show was over it seemed like it took 30 minutes for everyone to hug each. Many, many tears were flowing........from the women. You could really feel the love from the fellas too.

The director, Ben Guillory, told me that "we are just getting started" and that "we will work together again". I look forward to it. This is the first time I've been on stage since 1997. I was terrified of getting involved in some bad, boring production of something that didn't really matter. This mattered, this totally mattered. I picked a winner, or better yet a winner picked me.

We had a wonderful wrap party that included a catered Haitian dinner, a DJ and a lot dancing. I had goat for the first time, it was quite tasty too. Some of us even went back onto to the set for one last time. It was like we just didn't want to leave. I am going to miss these people a lot, but I have a feeling that we will stay in touch.

I am not sure how I seemed to get involved with such great people and projects. I am not questioning it, just recognizing it. I am so fortunate and 2004 has been an unbelievable year for me in many ways. Two more months to go and I want more to happen to set me up for '05. I have had more auditions than ever since moving to Los Angeles, I hope it doesn't stop because the show has closed.

No comments: