Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Audition: "the bad girls' guide to life" @ Susan Vash Casting. My first pilot audition of the season. I haven't booked for Susan yet, but I have had been to producers several times. This a 1/2 hour pilot for UPN. I think I am really right for this role. I plan to make a strong choice and get to the next step. When I walked in the associate, Reyna Karp, told me that she saw me in "The Terminal". YAY!! I felt the audition went well. I really hope to get a callback on this one.
As I was leaving the Paramount lot, (after doing some drop-offs of course) I saw someone I recognized, but I couldn't place the face at first. In an instance it came to me. It was Katy Garretson. Katy was the 1st AD and also a director of "Frasier". She directed the first episode I did. I stopped and spoke to her for a bit, she was directing and episode of "Girlfriends". She said she really like the episode and had a photo of me when I had hair.Tonight I attended a SAG "Roll Film" Event that featured the cast of CBS drama "Navy NCIS". I met one of the regulars, Pauley Perrette, back in 2000 when I worked as a reader on a pilot @ Henderson/Zuckerman Casting. I remember reading with her back then and she just lit up the room.....and booked the pilot. For a while it seemed like everytime I visited my local Ralph's grocery store I'd run into her and we'd chat. I hadn't seen her in a while and it was really good to see her tonight and get to chat with her. Something she said to the crowd really struck me. She stressed having a life outside of the business and just dealing with real people. Not that Hollywood isn't real, but I think you can live your life in a vacuum if you aren't careful. I witnessed this woman, who is a series regular on a hit CBS drama, rush to catch a taxi to the screening of a short film that she is in.......in the rain. Yeah, that is what I call keeping it real. You go Pauley!!

No comments: