Thursday, January 06, 2005

Back in Los Angeles after two weeks of badly needed downtime. As I'm catching up on my mail I see a letter from my doctor. It's the results of the second blood test and the........other thing.

Anyway, it says, again, that my red blood cell count is low. I have some sort of iron deficiency anemia. She says I need to get a colonoscopy. WHAT!?!?! It's to see if I'm losing blood in my colon or if I have a tumor.

I don't have a tumor. I don't have a tumor. I don't have a tumor. I don't.........I'm not losing blood. I'm not losing......

I haven't even seen the orthopedic surgeon yet for my hip!!! My first question is always: "does it hurt?" She said, "you'll be asleep". What the Hell does THAT mean? It must hurt.

I know this "going to the doctor stuff" is smart and I have worked hard to qualify for medical coverage, but I'm not used to this. I just have to remember that: It just makes sense. It just makes sense. It just.......

No comments: