Monday, February 07, 2005

Can you hear the crickets? I sure can. That’s cool though, I’ll just look at this as the calm before the storm. It seems that I’ve been so busy doing “whatever” lately that I’m not too stressed about not having any auditions.

I need to get some routine maintenance done on my car. So, since I had a workshop in Burbank tonight, I decided to drop off my car to the mechanic on the way home so I wouldn’t have to do it in the morning. The only thing is that the mechanics’ place of business is in Studio City and I live on the other side of the hill in Miracle Mile. I could’ve gotten a ride, but I wanted to, somehow, make it a bit more interesting. YES!!! My new skateboard!! Yeah I gotta skateboard for Christmas. My buddy’s car was stolen last year and my old skateboard was in it. I really enjoy skateboarding, I suck, but I enjoy it. I pretty much skate everyday at some point. Even if it’s just back and forth to my car from my apartment.

Okay, so I drive from the workshop place in Burbank to Studio City and leave my car with the overnight tow truck driver at the auto repair shop. So here I am skateboarding along Ventura Blvd at 10:30 at night. I was trying to figure out the bus schedule, but I didn’t know which one to get on. So, I figured that I would skate all the way to the Metro station at Universal Studios. I LOVE riding the subway!!! I don’t do it that often, but when I do I just love it. It reminds me of being in DC, New York or Atlanta. The subway in LA is clean and efficient, but unfortunately, it doesn’t go many places.

I take the subway to “Hollywood & Highland” and figure that I’ll catch the bus down Highland to take me home. I didn't see any busses when I came up to the surface so I skate down Highland, turn on Santa Monica towards La Brea. That little section of Santa Monica was a little sketchy with many men dressed as woman and other people just sorta lurking. I kept my speed up and tried not to look like a victim waiting to be taken advantage of. Here is where it got quite interesting for me. As I was crossing at Beverly and La Brea someone in a gold Jeep Liberty beeped their horn at me so I looked back and waved. It was dark and I couldn't really see who was driving, but I instinctively waved back in case I knew them. As the SUV passed I saw that it was a Caucasion man that I did not recognize. Then, he motioned for me to stop. I just kept going...FAST...saying "Oh sh*t" to myself. What the heck was THAT all about. Anyway, a really weird feeling came over me. I was thinking, "He couldn't have thought I was a girl". Then, I thought, maybe he knew I was a guy and he was interested. NOOOO!!!! NOT ME!!! No disrespect, but I am all about the ladies. Strickly T&A!! Well, I'm kidding, not just T&A, I like 'em nice, with a big heart and a brain helps too. For starters, they just HAVE to be "born female". The "born" part is really important after skating down Santa Monica Blvd.

The plot gets thicker. When I approached the next block, Beverly and 1st, I saw that the same SUV was waiting at the corner. WHAT!!! Yeah, this mofo must be out of his freakin' mind!!! Anyway, I just skated past and kept moving at a nice clip. He then drove past me, slowed up and then took off and turned right at the next corner. When I got to the next corner at 2nd street I looked one block in to Detroit and there he was. Yo, this cat needs to stop. I ain't tryin' to say that I'm Billy Jack or nuttin like dat, but this dude f*&k around and get smacked up! WHAT!!!! Anyway, I made it the rest of the way home with out incident.

2 more days until...............

No comments: