Thursday, March 31, 2005

I rarely miss auditions, but two days ago I missed a national commercial audition because I was committed to speaking to a group of actors from New York. I tried my hardest to get seen, but they were only seeing my type for a very short window and it was right when I was supposed to speak. Oh well, sometimes that will happen.

BUT!! My wonderful agents at KSA got me another chance to be seen. THANK YOU!

Audition: “Listerine” @ Craig Colvin Casting. This audition goes great! Craig calls me in often and I get quite a few callback, but haven’t booked…yet!

My agent calls about the “AM/PM” commercial. I am officially put on avail and the dates have changed to a date that I’m not working on the film. Cool! Hopefully, they really want to use me for the spot.

My agents calls back 5 minutes later and the dates have changed back to the original dates. Oh well, I can’t worry about it. We’ll see what happens. The bottom line is, if I book it, I’m shooting it.

Today was my first day on set for the indie film “Boppin’ at the Glue Factory”. My character is “Joe Tones”; he’s a late night security guard at a convalescent home. The script sounds like a lot of fun; it's a black comedy.

We are shooting @ Metropolitan State Mental Hospital in Norwalk, about 25 miles from where I live. It’s a real, operating mental hospital so that is a little odd, but it’s good for my character. The crew is great; I worked with the DP a couple of years ago on an AFI film.

Typical with film production it’s “hurry up and wait”. There were a couple of day shots that I was scheduled to do that we didn’t get to. When I finally got to film it was great! I did two scenes and the other actor was great to work with. I can’t wait to go back on Monday.

Okay, I didn’t hear anything else about the “AM/PM” spot. I’ll just say “no news, is good news”, because they didn’t release me either. Most likely, they would have booked it on Friday if they were going to shoot it Monday. I’ll just hope they are going to book Monday to shoot Tuesday. Time will tell.

No comments: