Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Sounds of my pager start the morning with my commercial agent letting me know that I had been released from my avail for the “Star Wars/Lucas Arts” commercial. WHAT!!! I didn’t even know I was on avail! I call them back and get it all figured out. It was a misunderstanding on my part. I thought when they cancelled the callback that was the end of the line. Turned out, they cancelled the callback, BUT still put me on avail. Cool, I guess. I’ll book something soon.

Callback: “AM/PM” @ the first read was at Mimi Webb-Miller Casting, but the callback is @ Alyson Horn Casting. I’ve never booked through Mimi, but I have through Alyson. The callback goes so, so well.

I get to the production office and sign-in. They give me the size card from the first audition and it has complimentary notes on it. It also had some marks that I think are from the ad agency and director separately so I was feeling good. The shoot dates for the commercial are April 4th or 5th. I am scheduled to work both of those days on the film. I knew the dates conflicted, but the film is some days and some nights. Ooops. I informed the Casting Director.

I was paired up with a teen actor and immediately had a cool vibe with the director; he told me what he liked about my first read. So I tried to tap into that, but be open for direction. We did it about 5 different times and I tried to show something a little different each time.

After we finished, the CD asked my partner and I to wait in the lobby. We waited about 10 minutes before they released him and asked me to stay longer. 10 minutes later I was paired up with another young actor and we did it another 4-5 times. As I was leaving, she pulled me aside and said, “The director really likes you, can you call your theatrical agent and find out what you can do with your schedule for the film? Find out and call me back.” She then gave me her cell phone number.

I got on the phone with Production and explained what was going on. They said the 4th was a pretty heavy day for me, but the 5th I had just one scene. They could possibly move everything to the 4th. I passed the info to commercial production and let my commercial agent know what was happening. If they do, in fact, want to hire me for the commercial I do not want to miss out on it. Did I say I do not want to miss out on this job? Yeah I don’t want to………

No comments: