Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Nothing but cricket sounds going on right now, but I’ve been doing my best to try to make some things happen.

SFX: Pager going off.

Cool, it was my commercial agent with a “Mazda” audition for this afternoon. YES!! And a couple of hours later my theatrical agent called with an audition for “Malcolm in the Middle”. I wasn’t sure if I was going to go in on “Malcolm” at first, but after discussing it with my agent I decided to. We don’t how many more seasons the show will be on the air and it looked like there was a slight possibility of the role returning.

Audition: “Mazda” @ Lisa Fields Casting. It goes really well and I think I’m right for it.

Audition: “Malcolm in the Middle” @ Stiner/Block Casting. I wasn’t clear that this was a pre-read, if I had known that I probably would have passed on it. Anyway, it was one of those really small ones where it’s kinda hard to figure out what is going on. I could make a choice and risk being way, way off or ask the CD what is happening in the scene. Barbie Block was very nice and gave me the low-down on what was going on.

To be honest, I didn’t feel like it went all that well, but I was funny. She gave me a callback to producers for 30 minutes later. The callback was nothing special for me. Actually, it was kinda frustrating because I used to be so good a getting these 1 to 5 line roles. I don’t want to get good at it again, I need to book more substantial roles and move on. Matter of fact, I think I am going to start a new acting class in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: