Sunday, March 13, 2005

Tonight I went out with several people that I used to work with in New York at the Harley-Davidson Café. Can I tell you that I love these people? I experienced some of the best times of my life in New York. We laughed and traded stories for hours. It was great to hear about how everyone is doing. We are all growing up and changing (some absolutely shocking, others not so). It was an unbelievable job to have as an actor trying to make it in the City. I think the thing that made it such a great experience was that we knew it was magic in the making while it was happening. I wish I had more photos of my time there. Even though I don’t talk to them all of the time I really feel a strong connection to many of them. There are times where I would love to go back to 1995-98 for a couple of days. I don’t necessarily miss living in New York, but I really miss the experiences that I had.

As I sit here and type, I think that Los Angeles has been freakin incredible for me as well. I’ve had a great life, there isn’t a whole lot to complain about. There is a lot more that I want to accomplish and I feel like I have what it takes to accomplish it.

I count my many blessing on a continual basis. Not everyone is so fortunate as I. Lately there have been things going on around me that have made my heart heavy. A good friend of mine who had a brain aneurysm about 18 months ago had another situation recently and had to go into the hospital. Fortunately, she seems to be okay. Another friend lost her mother after a lengthy illness. I know, first hand, what she is going through and what lies ahead and I can hardly even talk about it. It’s so painful. A fellow actor that I do workshops with had one of his legs amputated last week after complications from a blood clot.

Between these, real life, situations of people that I know personally and watching the news sometimes you just wonder what is going on in the world.

The flipside of all of this is the children. Kids just equalize so much for me. I spoke to my younger niece and nephew this morning and I can hear them growing up over the phone. It’s truly amazing and inspiring.

Last week I changed a couple of diapers of my Goddaughter, Hazel. The act of doing it wasn’t the most pleasant thing I’ve ever done, but she was really cooperative and made it easy on me. The laughter of a child is one of the most pleasing things sounds I have ever heard in my life. I really hope to have children of my own one day.

No comments: