Monday, April 18, 2005

Finally, today is my first of two days work on the ABC Comedy pilot "Hot Properties". It reminds me how much of a great time I had working on "Good Morning, Miami". I miss working on a more regular basis. So I think it's time to step it up and get more work. YES!!!

The director, Andy Ackerman, is a comedy veteran and a very nice man. The cast and crew are great too. I'm playing a doctor, which is new for me. I guess it means I'm growing up.

On my way home driving through Burbank I see "Tonight Show" host Jay Leno driving beside me in a 2005 Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR. I remember seeing that car on the cover of car magazines like 3 years ago. So I'm talking to him at the traffic light and he says it's a great car and that it's the first one. I guess he meant the first one in the US or the world. Jays’ got it like that. He was really cool. Wow, MSRP $400,000. I guess I need to book a few more pilots, huh?

I got some terrible news this afternoon. One of my friends in New York called to inform me that a friend of ours was murdered last night. He worked at a restaurant at The Grove here in Hollywood. I don’t have the details, but from what I understand he was walking to his car after his shift. I’m speechless.

Just last month about 6 of us who all worked together at the Harley-Davidson CafĂ© in NYC got together here in LA and had dinner. We had such a great time trading stories and taking photos. His name is Eric Gelman and he was a great, funny, talented actor with a big heart who was going places. A true “life-of-the-party” type guy. I am crushed to know it ended that way for him. R.I.P. Eric Gelman.

Late this evening a get a call from the 1st AD telling me that they have added a day for me to the pilot. Ooops. I told the production of “Boppin’ at the Glue Factory” that I would be available on Wednesday. So I get on the phone immediately and let them know. I hope it all works out. I was supposed to shoot Tuesday, but now it’s Wednesday. My call tomorrow of 3pm changes to 9:15am.

No comments: