Thursday, May 12, 2005

Another day in the field, actually a short day. I had just a handful of drops to do today. I’m in slow-down mode because I’m preparing for my Summer trip back to Virginia Beach. The last thing I want is to get calls while I am gone so I’ll stop doing drops about 10 days before I go.

So I get my act together to get out of the house and on my way. When I got to my car there was bird crap all over from the tree above. I thought to myself “I have to wash my car today”. I put some things in the trunk and walked around the passenger side to see just how much bird crap is on the car and ….UGHUGHUGH!!!!!

My passenger window was completely smashed. I immediately saw that my stereo/CD player had been ripped out. I was speechless, I just stood there shaking my head. Those mot^%&fu^&#$ finally got me! Whoever they are. Ya know, the low-lifes who go around breaking into cars and stealing things? Well, after almost 7 years in LA they finally found my name on the list. BUT I’m not mad, at least not anymore. It’s SUCH a violation to say the least.

I had alot to do today, I really didn’t factor this is in. You’re never ready for something like this. I know it could have been much worse, but it shouldn’t have happened at all. So I sat there and figured out the reality of what I was going to do. I learned long ago that “what happened?” isn’t so important; “what are you going to do about it?” THAT is what matters. It makes all of the difference in the world. So what did I do about it? I continued on with my drop-offs wearing a smile. There was glass all over the place, but I gotta keep on keepin’ on. I’m not gonna let some thief ruin my day. It takes much, much more than that to get me down.

No comments: