Wednesday, May 25, 2005

It’s been pretty quiet lately acting wise lately, which is fine because I am preparing to leave town soon. Still feeling kinda crappy, so I go to the gym to sit in the sauna and try to sweat it out.

Afterwards, I go home and try to sleep for a while and I get a call from a friend. She informs me that a fellow actor friend of ours, Lee Julien Hamilton-Payne, has died. She and I know Julien from the Actorsite, where we do Casting Director workshops. I’m not sure all the details of what lead to his condition, but I know it had something to do with the lack of circulation in his legs. About 5 weeks ago he had one of his legs removed and seemed to be on the road to recovery, but started having complications that he couldn’t seem to get beyond. The last time I visited him in the hospital he was heavily medicated and probably wasn’t even aware that I was there.

Right after getting off the phone with her, the owner of Actorsite, JP, calls and asked me to take his brother Bill out to get a bite to eat. Bill arrived in town to take care of the estate and things like that. I know exactly what he was going through, having experienced it with the loss of my mother. So we went to Barnie’s Beanery to watch the NBA Playoff game and just take his mind off things for a moment. Hopefully, I’ll be able to spend more time with him before he leaves town.

No comments: