Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Last night was a rough night of sleep. I didn't even get out of bed the entire day yesterday. By mid-day I felt a little better. I wanted to go out, but I just didn't have any energy. Nyquil was doing wonders with clearing my head, but it also put me to sleep. Still, no word on my status with the film.

THEN, at 12:36pm a major, major film casting director calls and asked if I could be a reader from 2-4pm. Uh yeah. I immediately felt "less sick".

This is a CD that has cast me in two films in the past. Two weeks ago I went to her office and volunteered to open submissions or whatever else I could do to help. I had been meaning to volunteer at this office for months, but I didn't want to walk in at the wrong time. Actually, it was my first stop after I saw that my car had been broken in to.

Auditioning at this office is a dream for an actor. I was there for two hours. Guess how many actors I read with in two hours..........four. Yeah, four actors scheduled with 30 minute time slots. They have studio lights, they mike you, the CD is in the scene with you the associate is running camera. They rehearse with the actor before taping, they give direction, they answer questions, they are definitely on the actors side. The actors were auditioning for a huge film with an acclaimed director.

Okay, my agent gets word from “I’m Perfect” that I have been rescheduled for Saturday. Cool.

NO! Sigh…my younger brother calls to inform me that his next-door neighbor in Virginia Beach, whom I know as well, was killed a couple of hours ago. He was struck by lightening while riding his motorcycle. He was riding his street bike to a motorcycle school out of town. I’m speechless.

No comments: