Saturday, May 28, 2005

Okay, I am finally scheduled to shoot my scene for “I’mPerfect”. My call time is 1:15am. Yes, in the morning. So I show up @ LA Center Studios downtown, park and make my way to the set. I check in and am taken through a maze of buildings to the wardrobe department, then to my room. The PA, Vanessa, gives me my contract and all of the usual paper work and then gets a call on the radio. Right as I’m taking my back-pack off to fill out the forms, she says, "you're wrapped".
Stephon:
huh?

Vanessa:
Yeah, sorry, they just said you’re wrapped.

Stephon:
You’re kidding.

Vanessa:
No, they’re going to be shooting the karaoke scene for the rest of the night and won’t have time to get to your scene.

Stephon:
Okay…I’ll be rescheduled. Right?

Vanessa:
Yeah, we’ll call you.

Stephon:
Okay, cool.

Go figure. That’s cool though. I guess, I’ll get an extra day of work out of it, I can always use the dough. So I finish my paperwork and hang out on set for a couple of hours. I meet Wayne Brady, who is a really nice guy and reacquaint myself with Sydney Tamiia Poitier, who came in the first day of auditions and is just…like…5’11” and hot. I also chatted with the writer of the script, Marcus Folmar, for a while. I told him that I am working on a script myself and he shared some of his experiences with me. The director, Brandon Sonnier, assured me that the scene wasn't cut, just rescheduled. I put a big in his ear about when I am leaving for Summer vacation, so hopefully, I'll shoot before then and won't have to change my ticket. So, all in all, it was still productive night…morning.

No comments: