Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Tonight I attended my old acting class with Sylvia Harman @ The Actor's Place. Whenever I go home I try to stop by and check-in. Sylvia is an amazing instructor and it's great to watch her teach.

Usually, while I'm there, I speak to the students about the business for a bit. It always shows me how significant it was that I left for New York. For Greg and I it was never a question about whether we were really going to go for it or not. I'm glad I have the knowledge behind me that I do; it helps with my confidence.

I spoke and answered questions for about 90 minutes. Many of the students seemed to be serious about moving forward in the business. I tried to be encouraging yet straightforward with what they are up against. I usually tell groups I speak to that what we are trying to accomplish is "damn near impossible, but people are moving forward in the business everyday" and it's true. I wish them all the best of luck.

No comments: