Thursday, September 01, 2005

Audition: "Girlfriends" @ Susan Goddard Smythe Casting. The audition goes great. Susan is incredibly actor-friendly. There were about 6 different smaller roles and I was to chose 3 of them to read. She worked with me like any actor would want and was very specific with her direction. She eventually got me where she wanted me. Hopefully, I’ll get a callback.

Audition/Producers: “Love, Inc.” @ Susan Vash Casting. This character is perfect for me; it’s one of three computer nerds trying to attract women to date. Ha!!! Anyway, interesting enough the casting director called me on my cell phone. She had an old resume which had the old number for my theatrical agent on it. Cool, I’ll take it however I can get it. Remember those direct contact numbers for situations like that.

This goes great too! I felt really good about the character, a computer nerd. Ha! It fit me perfectly! The room was full of the usual suspects; director, writers/producers, casting, camera operator and reader. It just seemed to click for me, even though I kinda chewed up a little bit of the dialogue the character was intact. They laughed a lot. I guess it’s wait and see now.

Afterwards I stopped by my theatrical agency to say good-bye to the office manager Michael. He is moving on to do some different things in the business. I met Steve who will be his replacement. I also got word that an official name change of the agency is in the works, probably sometime in the Fall. I'm really happy with my agents....I am fortunate.

YES!! I get the call that I am one of the “choices” for a role in “Love, Inc.”. They won’t know until tomorrow, but she said it “looks very strong at this point”. Alright, I’ll take that.

So what happened today?

  • I had 2 auditions.
  • Both were at Paramount Studios.
  • Both were reading 3 different roles.
  • Both of the Casting Directors names are Susan.
  • Both scenes are with African-Amercian females.

......hmmmm

No comments: