Thursday, February 23, 2006

I did a bunch of drops today and even though I was kinda phoning it in I got quite a bit done. I was out until after dark then I went to Costco and had an amazing experience. Yeah, Costco kinda does it for me - there and the 99 Cents Only stores are my spots!

I've been trying to position myself to buy a condo or townhouse - at least in my head for starters. I actually gathered the guts to check my credit. Yeah, after getting in a not so great position credit-wise, many, many years ago I pretty much went "underground" and paid cash for everything - for years. If I couldn’t pay cash for it I didn’t get it. That was actually not a bad thing for me to do as an actor. So in recent years I've gotten back on the map and I'm not in such a bad position - at least not as bad as I thought.

I couldn't imagine buying a place with someone other than family - unless I was married of course. Fortunately, I have some family members who have considered investing in something here in Los Angeles. I'm only in the embryonic stages of mapping out how I would actually do it, but we all have to start somewhere.

Back to Costco, when I was looking at the mechanical tools I was in heaven. I can’t wait to have my own garage where I can build things - I really like tools. I should have been a mechanic or something. I think the garage is going to be my favorite room in the house! It would be spotless - with carpet on the floor. You can put carpet on the garage floor right? Of course you can, I know a young lady who had carpet in the kitchen! Then I could vacuum the kitchen. I don't know that I'll get a garage for my first purchase, but it's something I want in the future. Gotta have somewhere to keep my motocross bikes.

I actually looked at places tonight in a different kinda way. Like really thinking about what type of place I would like to live in. I even wrote down one listing. It at least felt different - it felt good. I guess I would have to get a roommate…or not. After all of these years of living alone that would take some getting used to. Well, I gotta get out of here. LAX is calling. Travel always inspires me, so I should be getting my game face back on soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, cool blog. Found it while googling for info on associations of black casting directors. (You don't know of any, do you? Not that I am one myself--it's in regard to a conversation...)

Good luck w/your auditions.

Ashly Covington said...

"Getting started, keeping going, getting started again - in art and in life, it seems to me this is the essential rhythm"
- Seamus Heaney


pat yourself on the back for getting in all those drops. you went out, you did it! I had one of those moments yesterday..did the things i had to do in the city and then went down the stairs into the subway ready to just be done with the day...i hit the bottem of the stairs and kept right on walking up the other side and went on 3 more drops to agents.. and that start got me 2 more go-sees..

btw..from one of your earlier posts. you should get a commercial print card. a lot of the clients & photographers like actors cuz we can liven up the pics..ie not do the 'model' pose :) go for it..way ta make some green

Stephon Fuller said...

Thanks xx!

Yvette, I don't know any black casting directors especially well.

Thanks Ashly, My card should be done very soon!

*S*