Friday, February 24, 2006

There's something about snow-capped mountains. I'm mesmerized every time I see them. I don't know what it is about them, but they give me a good feeling.

Home Sweet Home! I absolutely, positively love going home. I have the greatest time when I am with my family. Sometimes I ask myself "why the heck am I so far away from them?" Of course I know the answer, but it still begs the question......quite often actually. I just feel really fortunate to have such relationships with my siblings; we have a lot of great times together. My family isn't perfect, but they make it known that they love and support me unconditionally - and occasionally that love is "tough love". I always feel kind of sad when I talk to friends that rarely talk to or visit their family. I couldn't image. I'm currently not in contact with my father, but there is still time for that to change too.

Don't get me wrong about LA, until very, very recently moving to New York had been the most significant decision I'd made in my adult life. Los Angeles has been great too, but how long will I stay? I really don't know. I do know that I love being home in Virginia Beach and I feel I have options. I don't have to stay here. I also know that I've worked too hard, invested too much and have seen too many results to seriously think of leaving.....yet. Also, I have to say that some of the SAG contracts that we currently work under are not so great. Hopefully the new guild leadership can turn things around. That is a major thing that I'm looking at. Can I really, actually, continue to make a living at this? Do I want too? I "think" I do.

No comments: