Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My cell phone rings and it’s a “310” area code. I don’t recognize the number. Who could it be? It’s the wonderful Debra Zane. Wow, it’s always great to talk to Deb, but this could be really great.

She had just had a production meeting with Steven Soderbergh and wanted to be the first to tell me that I booked a role in “Ocean’s Thirteen” as one of the security technicians. I didn’t ask how many days or where it’s shooting, my agent will tell me that. I do know this – my scene is with Tony Montana from “Scarface” one of my favorite films of all time. YEAH!!!

I don’t even know what to say. The list of people I’ve worked with and the experiences I have had is just crazy – Spielberg, Hanks, Burrows, Pytka, Grammer, the cast of “Friends”, of course casting pros like Debra Zane, Tannis Vallely and Dori Zuckerman and many more. I am so very fortunate.

As I’ve mentioned before this isn’t the first time Steven Soderbergh has hired me; I booked a role in “Ocean’s Twelve’, but the role was cut before shooting. I hope that doesn’t happen this time. At any rate, there are a few really important people in this town who know my name and that is a good thing.

19 comments:

Melissa D. Madison said...

JESUS CHRIST! Stephon! You're on fire! Nice goin' bruh...hold on baby boy....HOOOOOOLD ON!

Yours is coming!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Now I'll know to look for you in another franchise I like. Please post when your MONK ep will air, btw.

Also, I'm in Hampton Roads this summer, talking to Keith Flippen about jumping into his Meisner class for a few sessions while I'm in town (through July). May I buy you a cup of coffee or a beer while you're home? I'd like to meet you and pick your brain about acting for the camera. You can e-mail me at ncm215 AT nyu DOT edu.

Again, congrats on the role! Here's hoping it makes the cut!

Angel said...

One word - AWESOME!!!!

Congrats Stephon! Very Happy for you man!

Anonymous said...

congratulations! I'm crossing my fingers your scene stays in so I can squeal at the screen :)

Bonnie said...

Congratulations!!!!!! Way to work it, *S*. So so so happy for you!

kiaglover said...

Yo, Stephon, that's ridculously awesome. Congrats!!!!!! I haven't checked any blogs in a month and haven't even written in mine, so I'm glad to see this as the first thing when checking up on my folks. Wonderful.

Stephon Fuller said...

Hey! Thanks you all for the kind words. I really appreciate it.

Stephon

ACTORSITE said...

YO Stephon!!!! Did I hear right, you and Pacino!!!! Truly happy for ya man....and a litle jealous:) Way to go brother!!!...Bruno

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Stephon! Congratulations! It was this blog that got me hustling and it never fails to inspire me - YOU inspire me, man.

Keep it up!

-Anthony

Lipp said...

Congrats Stephon! Enjoy working with Pacino & remember: don't get high on your own supply.

Tasia Sherel said...

Good stuff Steph....

Frances Uku said...

ohmigod, i am sooo late to the party - Way To Book, Boy!!!

Unknown said...

YAY!!!!!!! Stephon!!!!! I'm SO SO SO SO SO SO SO happy for you - and not the least bit surprised! Knock 'em dead!

Debra McCarthy said...

Awesome. Way to go, Stephon! Congrats on another great booking! Tell Al I said hi! ;)

The Alan Heitz Show said...

Dear god... I'm blogging. Heitz Writes

Anonymous said...

Congrats on Oceans! Try to stay dry back East.

Laura Lock

TanikaBrown said...

Nice to see you aren't missing a beat! Congrats, dude! You rock.

GermanChocolateGirl said...

look forward to seeing you in it! tell george clooney I want to play him in basketball.

Shenita Moore said...

I could have sworn I dropped a few words of praise when I first read this, but I guess not. Sorry for the late post: Congrats!

- Shenita.