Friday, July 14, 2006

Audition: "FedEx" @ Kathy Knowles Casting. My first audition since returning from vacation - yes!!!I had to get to this one early because it was scheduled for 10:50 and my next audition was actually at 10:30, but in talking to my agent the “FedEx” one seemed to have a more rigid time constraint.

So I get there about 10:15, sign in, read the specs of the spot and fill out my size card. After a while “Adam”, the session runner, (I later found out his name is Adam Kaiz) appears and explains what’s going on. They haven’t started yet because they are still figuring out exactly “how” they are going to set up the scenerios in the audition room – we are the first group of the morning. In the meantime Adam would take our Poloroids pictures.

Now I haven’t had an audition in since June 8th because I was on vacation so I was just getting back into the grove of the routine. Plus, when I go on vacation I truly disengage from my “Hollywood Hustle”; so I was little off the pace and still in “Middle America”.

When Adam was gettting ready to take my photo he asked my name.

Adam: What’s your name?

Me: Stephon.

Adam: Stephon what?
Me: Fuller, Stephon Fuller.

Adam: You’re doing “Ocean’s Thirteen” aren’t you?

Me: Uh, Yeah.

Adam: Me too. I saw your name on the IMDB page.

Me: Cool. Congratulations!

He later told me that he checked out my website. It just totally caught me off guard, but the internet is a far reaching tool. I know that and I’m constantly checking up on the people, but I don’t “expect” anyone to be checking up on me.

Anyway, as it turns out, Adam is a really cool guy and we are actually in the same scene in “O13”, so we’ll get to hang out in October on set – with Al Pacino. That makes 5 people I know that booked roles in the film: James Martin Kelly and Michael Miranda; we are with the same theatrical agency. Brian Tee who stars in the lastest “Fast and Furious” installment and Angel Oquendo. Angel is still new to LA and making very, very quick strides up the ladder. I’m proud to be part of this group of performers.

When we finally get in to audition it goes really well, but by the time I leave I am over and hour late for my other audition. So I get in the car, hop back on I-10 to make the trip from Santa Monica to the Casting Studios in Hollywood. I call my agent to let them know I was on my way and I am informed that they need me to go back to Santa Monica to audition again for “FedEx” because the tape got messed up. Really? Yeah really. I decide to go to my other audition first and comeback to this one later. Audition: "McDonald's" @ Ross Lacy Casting. The Casting Studios was a madhouse, but I was in and out in a flash. The audition went really well and I had a great time with my auditioning partner.

So, back to Santa Monica to give “FedEx” another shot. It goes really well again and I think this time the tape was good – at least I hope it was. This spot shoots in New York. Of course, I’m already thinking that if I book this I’m going back to Virginia for another quick visit with my family – and some dirt bike riding too.

I wasn’t in the least bit irritated about having to back a second time. I’m glad they thought I was important enough to have on the tape. They could have just said “let’s just keep moving” we have enough other people coming for the rest of the day. I’m thankful for these opportunites I get.

2 comments:

Tasia Sherel said...

Sounds like you had a pretty exciting day. Just the kind I like....do your thang Stephon and welcome back to LaLaLand.

Stephon Fuller said...

Hey Adam,

Thanks for the kind words.

Stephon