Monday, July 24, 2006

Audition: “Jack-in-the-Box” @ Alyson Horn Casting. This went well and I think I’m perfect for it; I even said yes when they asked if I would shave for the spot…not a big deal for me, lol! Hopefully the powers that be will bring me into callbacks.
Callback/Avail: “McDonald’s” @ Ross Lacy Casting. I guess this means I’m officially back in town, auditions and callbacks at Ross Lacy are a familiar thing for me…now if I could just book something there….or anywhere else in town for that matter. They placed me on avail so that’s a step closer. This callback flows like butta…well almost. I was paired up with this brown-skinned Canadian beauty who had a smile that made me wanna cook for her. LOL! I don’t know where that came from.

Anyway, so we go in and slate..no problem I can handle that part. Take one: In the spot me and my girl are finding out that it’s not working and we should go our separate ways. We play it really heavy and take our time..like really take our time. We were given the choice to use very little of the scripted dialogue. I ran with that and didn’t say hardly anything at the top…until I stepped on my partners line. Sh*t!! I was out to lunch and messed up. I think it was okay because it kinda shook them out of what was going on in the scene. At least I hope it did.

Take two: BOOM! We nail it…I think. The director gives us a couple of notes and but left the interpretation up to us. Take three: Yeah, right on point. We sit for a second to make sure they saw what they wanted and out the door we were. But wait!!! As I was gathering my personal belongings the session runner says, “Stephon can you hang out for a moment? We want you to go in again if you don’t mind”. Of course I obliged.

This is a good sign right? Well, it’s a sign I’ve seen before and I am not sure what it means, if anything. At the very least, I would speculate that the creative team saw something in me they were interested in. So after a little while I go back with another actress who had a totally different spin on it. We did one take and it was……different. So that was that. I left it all in the room with no regrets. That is a great feeling. It’s funny, because as much I’d like to book this I am prepared for the familiar “Stephon you’ve been released from….” call. I’ve been saying I’m gonna book for a minute and I haven’t, actually much longer than a minute, but I still believe it's gonna happen…I truly believe it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a good feeling about this callback Stephon; I'm crossing my fingers you nail it!

Stephon Fuller said...

Thank you so much! I'm gonna run with your good feelings. I'll tell 'em you said so!

Stephon

Angel said...

At least you're giving 100% at each audition. That's SO important. We have to continue to look at that glass half-full....This could be the one!

Thanks for continuing to inspire us!

Stephon Fuller said...

Angel, I'm just trying to keep up with you! Can you leave some crumbs for us - the little people?

Stephon

Unknown said...

I hope you get it! I love it when an audition goes well. And yes, I think it is a good sign when you're asked back into the room. I'll keep my fingers crossed that something materializes soon.

(You don't know me - I'm just a new fan of your blog that I found out about through Bonnie Gillespie's blog. My name's Naomi. I just started a blog as well. You have another good-vibe-sender for your career here!)

Stephon Fuller said...

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for visiting my site and positive thoughts. I really appreciate it. Good luck to you as well!

Stephon