Thursday, August 24, 2006

Audition/Tape: “’Til Death” @ Tammara Billik Casting. Audition/Tape: “’Til Death” @ Tammara Billik Casting. This didn't go so great...at least I don't think it did. I mean it wasn't terrible; it just wasn't one of those where you feel great no matter the outcome. I can honestly say it had nothing to do with the show being under an AFTRA contract. That in itself is a step forward for me. Maybe my apathetic attitude towards AFTRA is waning...maybe not. I just don’t know what AFTRA is doing for me besides competing with SAG for lower contracts…gee thanks guys.

All was not lost because I had a fantastic interview with her; ya know the 60 or so seconds before and after the read. Tammara actually looked at my resume and made the comment, "Wow, you've worked with some great directors and you've worked with Arlene Sanford!" Arlene was the director of the episode of "Love, Inc." that I did. Before working on "Love, Inc." I did research on her and found that she is quite unique in television directing.

What makes her so special isn't that she's a woman director, although I think that's pretty freakin' special; it's that she directs one hour dramas, half hour multi-camera comedies, one hour dramadies AND single-camera comedies. That is a rarity in Hollywood. Arlene and I actually had a conversation about it. I think Tammara was a little surprised I knew that about Arlene and it just so happens that they are friends too. If nothing else maybe she’ll remember me for that.

Confession: Here is the real reason the audition didn't go so great.....Tammara has some insanely, beautiful brown eyes. I was mesmerized by them…no really, you should see them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephon, I gotta tell ya, that I have been visiting your blog for quite awhile, and you always impress me with your work ethic. I have been staying fairly busy here in n. cal., and waiting for the fall winter to spend more time in LA. Fair weather actor I guess. Anyway just wanted you to know that I enjoy hearing what your up to. We seriously need to break bread, next time I'm in town, on me of course!!/al cacioppo

Stephon Fuller said...

Hey Al,

Great to hear from you. I'm glad things are going well for you up North. Yes! I'm sure I'll see you when you get back down to LA.

Stephon

Anonymous said...

LOL! Stephon, I had this problem a week or so ago - I auditioned for Kimberly Lenae Foster - who is the most stunning human I've ever seen. Crazy gorgeous eyes. And I swear - it threw me off too! :)

I need to meet you and buy you lunch one day. Love your blog. :)

Stephon Fuller said...

Are you all trying to fatten me up? Might not be a bad idea.

Stephon