Friday, September 15, 2006

OMG! My head is pounding! Maybe I got too much sleep. I went to bed before midnight last night and got more than 8 hours of sleep; which I rarely do. I also had an interesting dream that was a little concerning to me – no, it didn’t involve bats in my apartment.

I got up a couple of times and couldn’t really do anything, so I took an ibuprofen and laid back down – a couple of times. Then @ 12:34 my commercial agent calls. They have a callback for me for 3:15 this afternoon for yesterday’s “Michelin” spot @ Ross Lacy Casting. Okay, I HAD to get moving now. So I decided to head over to Studio City to check-in with the Actor’s Connection New York group that is in town this week. They usually have things they wanna discuss about the LA market. That would get me up to speed and it wouldn’t seem like I rolled out of bed to show up at the callback.

Callback: “Michelin” @ Ross Lacy Casting. It went GREAT!!! I couldn’t have imagined it going any better than it did. I took the direction from the session runner, kept it real and rooted and conveyed it in the room and knew when to leave. This happens a lot at Ross’ office for me. I do well for him; not usually enough to book, but well enough to get callback and avails – and we know how well callbacks and avails pay the bills.

My head is still pounding, not as bad as before, but enough to mention. I am wiped out. I wanna get a nap in before I go to see the new CW pilots at the Museum of Television and Radio. Thankfully, there were only two pilots to see and it would be a short night. “Runaway” was pretty cool I guess; I was able to watch it without a problem. “The Game” was pretty funny.

4:52pm: There goes that cell phone again – it’s KSA. Two things; an audition for Monday AND I’m on avail for “Michelin” Cool! I’m gonna book one of these commercial jobs one day. I don’t worry about it, I just keep showing up and I’ll be shocked and be the choice when I least expect it. Right?

How funny is this? I’ve been out commercially everyday since I stopped by to see my agents last Thursday. I hadn’t been out in two weeks and in the last week I’ve had 7 commercial appointments plus another on Monday. I don’t think it’s “out of sight, out of mind” I think it’s just a coincidence really – I don’t think they forgot about me for a second; it just comes and goes in waves. My agents are the best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats and i'm sending you good vibes for booking the Michelin spot!

Stephon Fuller said...

Thank you Michele! Good luck to you for "AMP'D". Hopefully we'll both get callbacks!

Stephon