Monday, September 18, 2006

Audition: “PSA: Anti-Obesity” @ Sheila Manning Casting. This went well and I had fun. I portrayed an aerobics instructor for kids ages 6-10. There weren’t any kids there, but I made them up in my mind. I even gave them names; I used my neice and nephews and their friends’ names back home in Virginia. This PSA doesn’t pay residuals, just a session fee. That’s okay, I would love to book it and get to work with a bunch kids. I should probably just hope for a callback at this point huh?

The session runner for this spot was the same gentleman who ran the session for the “Michelin” callback for Ross Lacy. He asked me if I’d heard anything (I haven’t) and said that they liked me for the role. That’s good news; it doesn’t shoot until next month so it could be a while before they book. Then again, they could have already booked because I don’t get word that I’ve been released. I guess time will tell.

I also ran into a lady who works at TLC/Booth Casting quite often. She gave me some insight into how things work over there with legendary commercial Joe Pytka. I think I’m in good hands and in a good place in general.

2 comments:

schwammy said...

Ironic for a guy who never eats, eh?

PS - I had a little trouble replying to your email about the film festival in Springfield, so I don't know if you actually got my message or not.
thanks
al marsh

Stephon Fuller said...

Thanks Al! I did get your e-mail and I'll be in touch.

Ironically, I thought I was feeling bad because I ate too much. I've been told that I have a "fragile constitution". If I eat too much or too fast I'll feel like crap in short order.

Stephon