Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Audition “AMP’D Mobile” @ Francene Selkirk Casting. This went well. I remember their spots from last year; they were pretty edgy and this is the same. They run constantly during the Supercross races. That would be cool to have a spot running during my favorite sport. How about a callback guys?

Audition/Producers: “Dirt” @ FMW Casting. This is a pilot for F/X; I think it’s a reshoot. I don’t know if they are reshooting the entire pilot or just part of it. It doesn’t matter too much to me I would just like to be a part of whatever they are doing. This is a recurring co-star role that is part of the office staff.

This call came not less than an hour after I dropped off a photo to the studio. I did a general drops for “Dirt” and “Grey’s Anatomy”. To be honest, I don’t think they had even seen my drop yet. I left it at the mailroom so it was probably something my agent submitted me for. Again, I don’t care, I’m just happy to get a shot.
My printer has been giving my trouble for a while now, but it hadn’t been in my new budget to get a new one just yet. So when I tried to print the sides for this audition my printer wasn’t interested in participating. I actually had to write the scene in my horrible handwriting. It looked pretty funny; especially since I highlighted my lines.

The audition was going well until I totally flubbed the lines at the end. So I took my power and I started over and did it again. It didn’t ask; I just did it. I don’t know; I think it went good. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Oh yeah, I ordered a new printer. It should be delivered tomorrow and I finally got a new phone! I can text message again! I never really told anyone I couldn’t send or receive text messages when my old phone died two months ago. Ooops, I hope know one sent any because I didn’t get any after July 7th, but I’m back in business.

I stopped by agent this evening to drop-off an embarrassingly small stack of photos to them. Between my printer woes and needing to order more reprints I’m a little unsure as to what I’m going to do. I think I’m going to re-shoot, so I don’t really want to order more, but I might have to.

Anyway, Steve, one of the great assistants at my theatrical agency suggested I make some changes to my resume. I really liked his ideas and I am going to perform a little reconstructive surgery on it. I think these changes are going to help me get auditions for more substantial roles. It was great to be able to walk in, without an appointment, and be able to talk to all 3 of my agents about whatever. I also asked if I'll be going any further for “Who’s Your Caddy”. He’s going to put in a call.

5 comments:

Stephon Fuller said...

Are you going in for the African-American dad too. No wonder I can't book a commercial!

Lol! Hope to see you there.

Stephon

Anonymous said...

I auditioned for this yesterday! Their concept then was kind of a high-class concert thing; maybe they scrapped that idea? Ah well, either way, good luck!

Anonymous said...

What changes did they suggest you make to ur resume? Share your new found advice with us, your supporters, fans and fellow working actors! :-)

Tasia Sherel said...

Steph, at any moment you are going to BLOW......UP!

Stephon Fuller said...

Good luck to you too Michele.

The resume changes have to do with leaving out the billing column and just listing directors and projects.

See that's what I'm talking about Eitan! BUT I gotta callback for the "rapping White Guy" and I can't even rap! I'm kidding.

Tasia, thanks! I expect to see you there as well. Those new photos are hot!