Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Audition: "Boston Legal" @ Valko/Miller Casting. I only felt okay about this one. The funny thing is that I used to better able to nail these small co-star roles with great precision. That day may be done. I hope not because I still want to work and I’d rather be on-set than at home watching Jerry Springer. I mean there is a fine line, but still, I need to get that precision back. No big deal, I didn’t make a fool of myself or anything like that, but I’d like to work on this show.
Audition: "UPS" @ Jeff Rosenman Casting. This one went pretty well. It had a lot of dialogue for a commercial.

So I did a bit of surgery on my resume and I’m really happy with the results. Steve, one of the assistants, recommended that I remove the billing column from my TV credits. I’ve seen this a lot in my time working as a reader. I just never knew when I would make the transistion of doing it myself. So I was really excited when he suggested I do it. I was also glad to be included by them in a category of someone who has “worked so much”. I don’t normally feel that way. They have many clients with great credits and I am honored to be looked at as one of them.

So after I removed the billing column of the TV credits I wasn’t happy with the look of the resume since the billing column of my film was still there. I seemed off balance. I then removed my film and theatre billing as well. I like the result. I’ve been fortunate to work with some of the best in the industry and it’s right there on the page. So it kinda say’s “he’s already worked with these people on these projects; maybe you should give him a shot too”. This may help me get more guest-star/film appointments. I don’t want it to kill my co-star appointments because I still need to work as much as possible and there are plenty of great co-star roles out there.

It’s just that my resume had so many co-star credits and me and my team wanna move forward. I also toned down the overall feel of the resume. I used to have a lot of bells and whistles on it, but once a year or so I scale it down. So we’ll see what happens.

I’ve also considered shooting some new photos; so I asked Caleigh. She thinks my photos are great and she took them in two ask my other two agents and think they are great too. Once again, a great example of others “saving me from me”. So maybe I’ll still shoot some stuff for my commercial agents. I love having such a connection with my agents – I’m quite fortunate in that.

No comments: