Thursday, September 21, 2006

No rest for me and I’m not complaining! I thought I was gonna chill today and figure out my new phone and my new printer. NOT!!

At 10:39 KSA calls with an apointment for this afternoon. Cool. Then at 11:59 KSA calls again. I let it go to voicemail. When I checked it the first thing that surprised me was hearing my agent Alicia’s voice and not Donn who normally puts out the calls/emails for appointments. I always smile when I hear from KSA because I really like them and they usually have opportunities for me. BUT when I hear Alicia or Brooke’s voice on the phone it often means something else…….and this time it meant that I booked a national and cable commercial for “Michelin” for Ross Lacy Casting! It's about time I booked something for Ross' office; he calls me in commercially more than anyone else in this town. Thanks for continuing to believe in me Ross!

This is the one that was a same-day call last Thursday when I wanted to go home and sleep. The next day, Friday, I had a same day call for the callback – when I wanted to sleep. I’m glad I have people in my life to “save me from me”. Besides “sleep is for suckers” or normal people, lol! Okay, now that I booked it, the next step is getting to actually shoot it.

Audition: “US Cellular” @ Pamela Starks Casting. Ooops! When they brought us in for the group explanation I thought I understood the spot and what was going on. Well, I did, but when I auditioned I totally forgot the major conflict that the character was dealing with. Fortunately the session runner stopped the tape and told me what I was missing and he let me start over. I really appreciated that; he could've just kept going. The second take went much better. Now, I hope they edit out the first take.

Callback: “AMP’D Mobile” @ Francene Selkirk Casting. This callback went great and I think I'm really right for it. I would love to book this spot, especially since it's for the Supercross and I'm a huge Supercross fan.

9 comments:

Angel said...

Sleep.....What's sleep?

Big Time CONGRATS! First "Criminal Minds", now a National spot!!! You're on a ROLL!! Get it, "Michelin".....tire....roll

Okay, so it's corny...Never mind. Ha! Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! :) How exciting for you - and your work ethic is so inspiring. I love reading your blog when I need a kick in the pants, and I'm so happy for your successes! :) YAY YOU! :)

Frances Uku said...

it had to happen sometime! congrats!!!

ACTORSITE said...

Yo Stephon!!!!....HUGE!!!!!....Man if they run this spot like they did that one Michelin spot(the one with the Director shooting a film)...you'll be retiring soon!!!...CONGRATS!!!!

The Alan Heitz Show said...

Michelin runs all the time. They even run my car. Well the back tires do. I need to change them. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

ohhh you were so right!! you totally had it coming. hope it's the "down payment on a house" type. CONGRATS!

-sheena

Unknown said...

Big congrats! Cool - finger-crossing works. And yes - sleep is for those poor suckers known as normals! Way overrated. (Hee!)

Stephon Fuller said...

Thanks you all!!!

Shenita Moore said...

Congratulations Stephon!

- Shenita.