Friday, September 22, 2006

Today is my anniversary of the beginning of my career. Wow, I can’t believe it’s been 13 years! I vividly remember that first night in class. I made a commitment then that I was going for it – like seriously. I had no idea how it was going to materialize, but I knew it was going to happen. I knew I had to study, learn the Mid-Atlantic market, move to New York, study, learn the New York market, move to Los Angeles, study, learn the Los Angeles market – all while creating my own way. I’ve got a long way to go, but I think I’ve made progress.


New York City, Hell's Kitchen, 46th btw. 9th & 10th - May '95
I didn’t have any reason to believe that I would ever live a freelance lifestyle. My family, for the last 26 years, has had a very successful business back at home, but for several reason I felt I needed to do my own thing. I think my entrepreneurial spirit has been a big factor in being able to move ahead in my career.

I’ve learned a lot along the way; I’ve been tested like never before. Sometimes I don’t know how I keep it all together; probably because I don’t always keep it all together. I do the best I can. It has been a journey, it has been a ride. I’ve had some amazing experiences, met some amazing people and gone to some amazing places. I’m excited about the future. I definitely don’t have the answer to how this business works, but I am an expert on my opinion. I look forward to sharing the things I’ve learned with other actors on a larger scale. Maybe I’ll conduct seminars across the country and call it “My Long Ass Opinion”. Catchy huh?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

stephon i got the herbal essences commercial! yaaayyyy us!

-sheena

Unknown said...

I love it! Keep that title!
And thanks for your comment Stephon! Does that mean I can submit to your agent and use you as a reference? A girl's gotta use her resources, right? ;)

Debra McCarthy said...

"My Long Ass Opinion" I LOVE THAT!!! Great photo, Stephon! Really. Awesome!

TanikaBrown said...

My long ass something. Size 11 was it?? Baby!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Stephon!

Stephon Fuller said...

Hey Sheena, that's funny that both of us were talking about our avails just the night before we were booked. Have fun in new York!

Lydia, I'll give a call.

Thanks Deb!

Tanika Tanika, LOL!!! Yeah, something like that, lol!

Thank you Cole!

The Alan Heitz Show said...

I wish I went to NYC first. Oh well. I'm here now.

Melissa D. Madison said...

BWAAH!!HAHA!!HAHAH!!HAHA!!!

OMG! Tanika! :o

Stephon, hold on to your hat because this is ONLY the beginning for you!

Congratulations on your commercial! (((high five)))

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Stephon! I'm sure you'll be celebrating many more anniversaries in the years to come! :) You're a great inspiration, keep it up!