Saturday, September 02, 2006

Ooops, I ain’t feeling so good right now. Actually, I’m feeling pretty bad. Why? Well, I think it’s a combination of things. The major one is that I miss my mother so much. I can’t believe she’s been gone almost four years. I’m usually pretty good, but I’m pissed that I can’t even share my bat stories with her. She would, without a doubt, have something hilarious to say about. I know I’ve written about it and laughed, but I haven’t really told the whole story. For instance, I was out with friends Friday night and we laughed a lot about it, but I didn’t share with them that I had had another encounter right before I left home to meet them.

Yeah, I was getting ready to get in the shower to go catch up with them. I reached to pull back the shower curtain to turn on the water and to my surprised there was a bat moving in the drain. WHAT!? You’d think I’d be used to it by now, but I don’t think you’re ever really ready for it – it’s a freakin’ bat!! It took me a second to gather my bearings. Needless to say that bat is missing like Jimmy Hoffa. I drowned his/her a** - with hot water. I think that’s the first one I’ve straight up murdered – it was self defense – I thought it had a gun. I don’t make it a habit to hurt animals by any means, but it’s kinda like survival of the fittest. Don’t get me wrong it’s funny – sorta. It’s also potentially really, really dangerous.

I reported it to the rental office and with the holiday weekend it’s gonna be a minute before someone gets to check things out, probably Tuesday. Let me tell you, it’s spooky trying to sleep in my spot right about now.

I asked several people who live in the building about it and most weren’t of the issue. There were a few that had had incidents or heard about them. One guy had one in his apartment and said it took him 30 minutes to get it out. 30 MINUTES?!?! What the heck was he doing for 30 minutes? When I see one it’s over and done in 2-3 minutes max.

I stuffed rags in the non-working exhaust vent over the stove where I think they might be getting in. But really got me down was the notion of possibly having to move over this before I am ready to buy a condo. That would suck.

Another thing is the basis of how much I am paying in rent. I have found that many people in the building are paying less rent than me for the same space and I have been here longer. Maybe it’s on the up an up, but I am going to speak with the LA renter’s board or something like that to ease my mind – or take action.

So that got me kinda down and out today, but it’s nothing that a good bike ride couldn’t cure. I LOVE riding my bike. It brings me a lot of joy; I wish I had someone to ride with on a regular basis. Someone that would go out in the mountains and stuff.

No comments: