Friday, September 01, 2006


If you ever see a bat flying in your home DO NOT call
me. Put a pair of pants around your neck for protection
and go to war. Good luck! - Stephon Fuller


Since I didn’t hear anything yesterday about the film audition I missed, I’m on the phone bright and early to see what I can do to make it happen. The thing is that the agent who handles this particular office is gone for the weekend, so one of the other agents is handling it. So I leave a message with one of the very capable assistants in the office.

BINGO! 25 minutes later the assistant, Steve, calls back with an appointment, sides and script and says they are considering me for several roles. That is great news. Ok, now to read the script and prepare. Sometimes you can put so much energy into getting the opportunity that you blow the opportunity. I can’t let that happen.

The great thing was that I had no idea this project even existed; I included my photo as a general submission while dropping a photo for my friend, Denice. It’s fun to think it was all me, me, me who got the audition, but I’m sure my agent submitted me too. That is the team at work! Now I have to go in deliver.

4 comments:

Frances Uku said...

oh my god - stephon, you are one crazy mutha for real. i just hope the other bats in LA read your blog and learn the lesson...

and mega props on getting yourself in on that film - who cares whether it was you or your people as long as you got the appointment, right? i know you will do nothing but deliver the goods. just imagine there's a bat in the room!

Stephon Fuller said...

Yup, the bats better read up because I done with being nice about it. I'm sure I can find some bat recipes on the internet.

Stephon

Melissa D. Madison said...

**cough*cough*gag*cough*gag**

Ritt!

Anonymous said...

It's similar to what Christian Bale went thru prior to his role in Batman. I'm smellin a frikin omen here, dude. We all need a Black Superhero. "Batman: The College Years". ;)