Monday, October 16, 2006

Auditon: “Jack-in-the-Box” @ Alyson Horn Casting. This goes really well and I think I’m perfect it. I’ve booked through Alyson in the past and have gotten close numerous other times. Callbacks are Friday.

Audition/Pilot: “The Minister of Divine” @ Susan Edelman Casting. This is a series regular role. I felt great about this one too. I don’t go in on series regular roles that often, but I wasn’t nervous. I did have to work on getting out of the “movin’ the story along” mindset of the smaller co-star roles. This character is one of the stars of the show so I was able to take my time a bit with the dialogue.

It’s funny because I’ve worked with, Suzanne Martin, the creator of this pilot during pilot season ’05. She created and executive produced “Hot Properties” and I was in the pilot, but that credit was removed from my resume when I revamped it several weeks ago. But you better believe I put the credit back on for this particular audition. Sure enough, Susan saw it and asked about it.

She also asked where I was from and I told her Virginia Beach and that I moved to LA from New York. She asked what I did in New York and I told her a little film, a little TV, a lot of background, several commercials, a little stage and I waiting on A LOT of tables at the Harley-Davidson Café. She saw my eyes light up when I spoke of my old job waiting tables and really wanted to hear more. I don’t think she’d ever heard an actor speak so highly about being a waiter. She wanted to know why it was such a great experience and you better believe I told her. I went on and on about the Harley-Davidson Café. She was very surprised to say the least.

I read the scene once, thanked her and left. So we’ll see what happens…hopefully something.

Afterwards I returned a call to my agent, Erin, about the offer from casting director Cathy Henderson for the film “Privileged”. She gave me the run-down of what Cathy said, told me the scene is with Tatyana Ali and asked if I was interested in doing it. Oh, and this was the best part. She said, “Cathy, said she would consider it a favor if I’d do it.” “Sure, I’ll do it” I replied. So that’s a booking, they are sending a script and I work on December 22nd.

7 comments:

Angel said...

BOOK 'EM!!!

Melissa D. Madison said...

Stephon, you are in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! It's so exciting to watch someone moving forward - especially when I'm hoping to. Keep bookin' em! And I have a good feeling about this series regular role. (Would rock if I'm right....)

Tasia Sherel said...

Stephon, what can I say? You da' man!

Shenita Moore said...

Stephon, it is so amazing to see how far you've come with your career.! You prove that with ambition and drive, it really is possible to follow your dreams and be successful at it.

I'm sure it feels really good to be "offered" roles, and to have "scheduling conflicts"..:)...

I hope to be in your shoes one day.

- Shenita.

ACTORSITE said...

Stephon....Congrats on another film role brother!!!!! Happy for ya!!!

Frances Uku said...

seal that up and send it home! stephon, you is one "privileged"-ass mofo, alright :)