Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Wow, the gates of 2007 are open already. My commercial agent calls with an appointment for tomorrow…only problem is that I’m still in Virginia Beach. I’m not ready to comeback to the vortex of LA yet so I’ll have to miss this one.

Now I REALLY know things are moving why? Because I just got my first release from an avail this year – already!!!!! Yeah, I got released for the “Verizon” commercial. Geez, I hope I can somehow cut down on the amount of releases from avails I get this year. Obviously, I’m doing a lot right, but not sealing the deal as much as I’d like.

It’s funny because years ago I didn’t get as many callbacks and avails, BUT if I got a callback there was a good chance I would book. So I had the “brilliant” idea trying to increase my callback ratio. I’ve been pretty successful in that, but in the last few years I’ve booked fewer jobs…hmmm. I’m not overly concerned, but I’m used to getting that call saying I’ve been released…that isn’t good. I think my fortunes are going to change in 2007.

I called the ad agency for the “Michelin” commercial I did in October to get a status report. Supposedly, it’s still on schedule to start in mid-February; I sure hope so.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

No comments: