Friday, February 02, 2007

Airing: “Monk” on USA @ 9pm EST/PST. I shot this back in May; I thought they scrapped the episode, but they had split their season and that is the reason for the delay.
YES!! NO!! Yes. I guess. My print agent calls this afternoon to give me the news that I am on avail for the “Verizon” print ad from yesterday. I’m thrilled about the news, but of course there a little potential complication. One of the two days I’m on avail for is the same day I’m scheduled to work on the film “Privileged” that I booked back October. Huh? Why does this “scheduling thing” keep happening to me? I mean I’m not booked, but still. It was the same thing with “Ocean’s Thirteen”; book something months in advance and then when it finally gets close to do the job another job conflicts. Well…I have a great answer as to why this keeps happening. It’s because I am a working actor. The more I work the more I will have these issues. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t wish for scheduling conflicts, but it’s good that people know my name…at least a little bit.

I have to say that I am really enjoying this consulting thing. I am meeting actors in town that are looking for direction and I really, truly feel like I’m providing them with what they are coming to me for – alternative ways of thinking. I don’t pretend to have “the answers”, but I have definitely learned a lot along the way. Plus, I’m an expert on “my opinion” and I stand behind it.

Today I had a session with a young lady who is my youngest client to date and the some of the advice she’d had been given made me cringe. I mean terrible advice that equated to way too much wasted time in her young career. I was really glad we had a sit-down and I look at today as being the first day of the rest of her career. I don’t think some “industry professionals” realize the impact of some of the things they say to actors; especially actors arriving from other markets that have no reason to know any better. This is not an audition; it is someone’s career and future. You cannot get these wasted days back.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched the opening sequence of Monk and almost immediately - "That's my man Stephon Fuller!" Go you!

Stephon Fuller said...

Thanks for checking it out Cole. It took long enough huh? I told you it really happened and I wasn't dreaming, LOL!

Stephon