Thursday, February 22, 2007

Audition: "Miller-Lite" @ Cathi Carlton Casting. This goes really well. There was one thing though; we actually had to hold "Miller-Lite" bottles. Now, you wouldn't think that would be so hard right? Wrong! Why? You see, I've never even had so much as a sip of beer, or any alcohol for that matter, in my entire life. I don’t even like drinking from a wine or champagne glass. The beer bottle just didn't feel natural in my hand so I had to keep glancing at how the other 3 guys were holding theirs. I so desperately wanted that "cool guy drinking-a-beer" swagger. I think I did okay in the end. Weird, I know.

Sometimes I actually wish I drank because it looks so "social and fun", plus I'm fascinated by the bottles. I can sit at a bar and just look at the bottles of liquor and watch people order drinks forever. I don’t know, it’s just so fascinating for some reason. I must say that I did not particularly enjoy selling beer, wine and liquor when I waited tables. It was too much to remember – up, rocks, salt, no salt, top-shelf, well, shaken, stirred, “how many olives?”, etc. WHAT?!
Other times, I witness what beer, wine and liquor can do to people and I think I’m gonna be okay without it. Hangovers, DUI's, $12 Apple Martini's and not being able to make morning appointments doesn't fit to well into what it is I moved to Los Angeles for. I often wonder how much of my accomplishments wouldn’t exist if I lost my edge due to drinking. I also wonder how many cool stories I would have if I was a drinker…hmmm I may never know.
http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

No comments: