Friday, February 23, 2007

I met a really cool producer out of New York today through Casting Director Deborah Dion. Her name is Blair Breard and she’s making moves with some real players in the business. It’s another connection that I feel really good about.

Okay, one of my theatrical agents called this afternoon with info for a producer session for a co-star role in a pilot at one of the busiest casting offices in Los Angeles. She didn't submit me and wanted to know if I'd submitted myself, dropped off a photo or recently met someone from the office in a workshop. She just wanted to know what the deal was before confirming me for the session. The reason why was because it was a two-line role and the last time I was in that office it was for a recurring role. That doesn’t tell the whole story, but my team is trying to move forward.

Oh $?#}, it's about to get interesting. Why? Read on. You see one of the owners of this casting office called me at home yesterday about a mutual friend. It was a short conversation and we didn’t really discuss the business. I don’t audition at this office too much, but I have booked there in the past. So, when I told my agent about the phone call yesterday she said “reeealllly?”.

She knows that I’m on the constant hustle for opportunities, but I explained that I hadn’t recently met anyone from the office and I hadn’t dropped a photo there in at least the last two weeks.

I just checked my records and they show that I did a general drop for this project on January 22nd. I had the name of the project, who was casting, but no roles – I think it came from the Actorsite list. Although I wouldn’t have dropped for this particular role it amazes me how many actors think general drops are a waste of time.

Back to my agent; I told her I thought it was just a coincidence since I spoke to him yesterday. Who knows, I can’t be sure. Even though it was a producer session my agent and I agreed that I should pass on the project. So pass we did. The last time I passed on something at this office was for “Dexter”; they eventually brought me back in for something larger.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

No comments: