Wednesday, June 27, 2007

It's funny that I actually have neighbors when I go home to Virginia. It's not the neighborhood I grew up in, but I know them better than the people in my building in Los Angeles.

Anyway, one of the neighbors, Ryan, is an avid kayaker. For years I would see his kayak strapped to his car and I'd comment about how crazy I thought it was that he'd go out in the open water in the tiny vessel - and fish at the same time.

The other day, while joking around with him, he flipped the script and invited me to take a trip with him. It's probably not something I would have sought out to do, but I couldn't decline the offer and still hold my head high - I woulda felt like a chump.

So today Ryan took me out into a relatively calm inlet to get my feet wet. Admittedly, I was a little nervous because the thing was so small for two people. I found that the kayak was much more stable than it looked. I even caught a bluefish and saw some amazing homes on the water. It was fun and I'd do it again – thanks Ryan!

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

No comments: