Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Time's up; my month long, sanity-saving sabbatical from Los Angeles and the entertainment industry is over.

Am I ready to go back? …tick-tock-tick-tock-tick-tock…

That's complicated. I'm definitely excited about auditioning, skateboarding, seeing my agents, riding my mountain bike, being on-set and working and seeing my God-daughter and friends, but not at all excited about my apartment and having to find a place to park my car on my block.

I just really like being with my family; my younger sister, Avis, that has Down's Syndrome is one of the funniest people I've met in my entire life - ever. She is incredible.


Avis, blessing me after I cut my dreadlocks off.

No, every aspect of my family isn't "peaches and cream". Matter of fact some of it straight up "salt & vinegar", but the parts that are good are really good.

I'm not complaining...I'm just saying... LA has been really good to me, but I just have other interest as well. At the end of day I'm really happy and fortunate that I truly have a career to return to...

So I arrive at the airport at 1:50pm for a 3:16 flight. We didn't board the plane until 4:30 and sat on the tarmac in a very small propeller-driven plane until 6:30....with no A/C. Finally we went back to the gate and got off the plane.

An hour later we were instructed to re-board for the flight to New York. I said 'no'; I didn't wanna take the chance of sitting on the tarmac for who knows how long and/or missing my connection to Los Angeles. I requested to be rebooked for the next morning and called my brother to pick me up. One more night with family and another home cooked meal!

No comments: