Friday, September 07, 2007


Me with two of my favorite people in the whole
world - my 'lil bro Todd & my 'lil sis Avis.

Audition: "October Road" @ Donna Rosenstein Casting. My agent called with this one and wasn’t sure if I’d want to pass on it or not – it was just a few lines. I returned the call to let her know I wanted to go in for a couple of reasons; one of which is that I need and want to work, but the other reason is that the character is drunk. I wanna play drunk again! I played drunk in a play a couple of years ago.

Oh yeah, another reason (that I didn’t tell my agent) is that this is the casting associate that I had the long conversation with at the surprise birthday party earlier in the week. Cool. Maybe I’m learning to network!

The audition was on tape for producers and it was quick-fast, in and out. I’ve been trying to get into this office for years. Funny how things work sometimes.

Audition: "Journeyman" @ UDK Casting. This is the type of role that I really fit on many of the 1 hour dramas currently on TV. The character is a crime lab analyst; ya know the nerdy type guy who speaks intelligently, but is “TV cool”. This role fits me perfectly, not that I’m even “TV cool” but…. It’s a one-day Guest-Star, that is possibly recurring.

It’s funny, UDK is one of the busiest TV offices in the country and I wish I had the opportunity to audition there much more often than I do, but I do get in on occasion. I booked “CSI” there years ago and I know all of the partners. I know this particular partner for this audition better than the others, to the point of being able to call him directly if there is something I want to be seen for. In all of these years I’ve known him I’ve never called him once. I have called my agent that covers that office before about roles in the past, but they didn’t think those roles where right enough to put in a call; which is great because sometimes I need my agents to “protect me from myself”.

When we see each other or talk, which isn’t too often, there is usually a bit to catch up on and we do it at a frenetic pace. Fortunately, when I was brought in the room, he was just beginning to talk, but caught himself and then said “we’ll talk afterwards”. This was good because I was really prepared, the role is perfect for me and I just wanted to get to work.

The audition went perfectly; matter of fact I think it was the best theatrical audition I’ve ever had. Yeah; definitely. I did everything I wanted to do the exact way I wanted to do it. When I was finished he too said it was perfect and asked me to come back for producers on Monday. We then proceeded to catch up for the next 10-15 minutes. Yeah!

I then called my agent, Caleigh, to let her know how it went and she was thrilled. She told me that it has definitely been a priority of hers to get me in for more substantial roles and I have noticed it. We talked about the “co-star thing” for a bit as well. I’m in a great position in that I have these wonderful agents around me that continually believe in me and my talent.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

No comments: