Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My agent called this afternoon with the details of the “Bones” booking. Since I didn’t already have a Guest-star, one hour drama quote and my Guest-star, half comedy quote doesn’t quite translate I didn’t expect to get too much in the way of money for this job. Plus my half-hour Guest quote was for “Love Inc.” was on UPN and not one of the big four networks so, from negotiating standpoint we were pretty much starting from scratch. In the end I got everything I expected and a “little more”. The “little more” was my agent making sure I had the “nicest available trailer”. Cool.

I’ve had nice accommodations before, I think the nicest might have been…well the “nicest, nicest” was probably while flying to Tokyo, fully reclined at 38,000 feet over the Pacific Ocean, with this absolutely stunning Asian flight attendant taking my order for a 4-course meal to be served during the flight…her scent was like…her hands were so…anyway, back to reality, I think the nicest trailer was on “Ally McBeal”. It’s just good to have someone on your side to negotiate things like that for you because in many cases we actors just want the job.

Caleigh also told me that my co-star quote helped me get what I got for this guest-star role. I told her thanks and that the most important thing for me was the opportunity to work, furthering my relationship with a busy casting office, the main title credit, hopefully a nice piece of tape and the credit on my resume.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

No comments: