Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Audition: "Budweiser" @ TLC/Loree Booth Casting. Eh...it went okay. I wasn’t really connected to the dialogue…I don’t know why. For some reason I don't think it'll have much to do with whether I'll be placed on avail or not. I think I’m right for it and it's a Joe Pytka-directed spot. He doesn't usually have callbacks. But what do I know; the last commercial I did was a year ago. A whole freakin year without a booking? Geez, that needs to be fixed....and soon.

On to other things; I called my agent this evening about a role she was trying get me seen for in a major TV casting office. We'd spoken about it a couple of days ago and I was following up. This is what they told her; "We know Stephon and if he's right for anything we'll absolutely bring him in".

What? I wasn't sure how to take that news at first because, although I read for this casting director just a month ago, before that it had been 3 years. Yes, 36 months. The confusing thing was that they made it seen like it was a "no-brainer" that they'll bring me in. I guess that makes sense if they are starting from me getting a callback last month, but from my viewpoint I'm thinking “1,100 days!"

Anyway, I quickly came to my senses and realized that this is a great position to be in - especially in this office.

So back to the specific role; it wasn't looking like we were going to get the appointment. That's okay; I got great news for the long-term health of my career in that particular, very important TV casting office.

Actually, there's another show in that same office that's Caleigh is trying to get me an appointment for. It's not the same casting director, but I know the associate from meeting her in a CD workshop. The report is that they haven't started seeing people yet. Caleigh says that she'll just keep calling.

So, what's the score? Two roles, zero appointments and a freakin rock-star of an effective agent that I have great, transparent communication with = priceless. Go Caleigh!

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

No comments: