Thursday, October 04, 2007

Audition/Tape/Producers: “TiMER” @ CFB Casting. Cool. I’ve booked a couple of times through this office in the past and would love to do it again. The audition with went great! I'm not usually overly talkative in an audition situation, but this was a little different.

I entered the room with casting director, Michael Nicolo, and there sat two, really cute, young ladies. I had done a little research and I’m guessing that they were the writers/producers/director. I had a quick question which set a few jokes in motion which warmed me up and got rid of any nervous energy. The humor went over well partially because, I think, they are very new to the business in a professional sense and therefore "more normal" – maybe recent film school grads.

Anyway, the read went great; regardless of the outcome and that’s a good thing. It's less about getting the job and more about doing good work; although it would be great to actually get a job once in a while.

Afterwards I went to the premiere of "The Darjeeling Limited" at AMPAS on Wilshire Blvd. Oh my God! I cannot freakin imagine what it must be like to be a full-fledged celebrity or "hot" or "flavor of the month" or even remotely hot. It has to be one of the weirdest, unnatural things in the world to experience first hand. I mean I've worked with plenty of names over the years, but being in the fishbowl has to be a whole different world. Just the sight of the red carpet made me uncomfortable...like seriously...and I didn't even walk on it. There were so many photographers taking photos...bizarre.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

2 comments:

phillygirl said...

I NEVER post nor do I judge people too harshly because we all have to do what is best for us....but with that said, I am a mother of a three year old little boy and have found alternatives for him instead of dragging him all over town to audition with mommy! I feel this way as an actor because for me it was a choice to do this. I wanted to be an actor. Also, it infringes upon my fellow actor and could spoil a chance for him/her to get a job if the audition goes badly because I'm distracted or my child is frightened in the room, etc. When the child grows and if he/she decides that being an actor is something they would like to try, then by all means, pack him up and take him out into "our" world...until then, find a babysiter or a daycare/school situaion that will provide good qaulity care! Hope you book the job.

Stephon Fuller said...

Hey phillygirl,

I see where you're coming from, but I wasn't too bothered by the kid being there. I love kids and look forward to having my own some day. But you're right it could have gone bad and it's probably happened before. Then again, that extra little weirdness going on in the background might have given us a more "interesting" performance. I hope I get a callback.