Monday, November 26, 2007

Stephon Fuller talent scout? I don't know about all that, but the kid definitely has an eye for what can work and why - in many situations - entertainment business or not. Agenting and managing has definetly crossed my mind. Actually, I thought about managing before I ever pursued acting.

Anyway, remember that "Perfect Storm" of a client that I consulted earlier this year? The one I pitched to my theatrical agents and they immediately signed her? Honestly, I've consulted numerous very talented actors but the element of youth AND the ability to play 4-6 years younger than her age made the "Perfect Storm" quite unique.

She doesn't have a lot of credits, but enough to say that she's been to the "Big Show". Her youth also makes it a little more okay that she doesn't have a lot of professional credits. It just really added up to an easy sell...at least "in theory". She may not have thought so because at the time we met she'd been in Los Angeles for several years, but never having the proper guidance.

During our initial meeting I felt that with the right opportunities the "Perfect Storm" would book jobs & make money - quick. I felt all that within 10 minutes of meeting her and at that point I had never even seen her work...it was just a feeling...a strong feeling.

So here we are; eight weeks after signing with the agency (the exact time-frame I projected) and she booked her first job. I figure, "hey if I can't bring in money for the agency I'll bring them someone else who can!"

So what did "The Perfect Storm" book? A guest-starring role in a pilot that works for two weeks. Yeah! Needless to say I'm ecstatic about the news. And yup, she's playing quite a bit younger than her actual age.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Heh, maybe I should hire you... Need to find direction in my career...

Stephon Fuller said...

Ha! Don't we all!

I'm a work in progress on the side too.

Stephon