Thursday, December 13, 2007

Callback: “WaMu” @ Ross Lacy Casting. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect for this one. I figured I’d be doing my flawless dance moves again, but this time with an actual woman instead of by myself.

I decided to walk to the casting office from my apartment so I’d be loose and ready do my thing. I got there at 10am, signed in and scanned the lobby to see who I might be paired up with.

Part of the funny in the spot is that the husband is really small and the wife is a “woman of generous size”. Sure, I’m a little guy, but I’m not tiny by any means. Both of the other guys I auditioned with at the first read were significantly shorter than me, but I wasn’t going to worry about that.

So I was eventually paired with this sexy, really attractive “large and in charge” woman – a lot larger than me – a lot sexier too. I’m not a good dancer so I needed all the help I could get and we decided to practice before going in together.

One of the guys who had already gone in was kind enough to teach us the step we’d be doing together. I was rusty, but trying to get the hang of it and not take it too seriously. Sista girl was making it happen and let me know that I was wack as hell – whatever.

Anyway, a moment later the choreographer came and paired us up again – this time with different people. My new partner was older, larger, a better dancer and very serious. I’m funny, but not that serious – this could be trouble. I wasn’t sure how it was going to work between us. We practiced and I sucked, but I was really trying. I just needed a bit more time to relax into the steps.

I probably weighed half as much as she did and I think she was taller than me too; so I couldn’t really push her around too much. By the last rehearsal I was starting to “feel it” and actually have fun.

A few moments later we were in the audition room ready to slate our names. I could see how we looked together on the monitor in the one way glass and just the sight of us was hilarious. The dialogue part of the audition went really well; I didn’t do too much and fall into trap of “needing too act”.

Now the dance part. I felt kinda ready, but I was still shaky. Right before we started our 8 count I got all frisky and funny. I HAD ARRIVED!!!!

At this point my life went into slow motions. A smirk somehow found its way to my face and I said, under my breath; “come to me baby!” In one blissful moment our hands met perfectly. Then, my life, still in slow motions, went cold - I began to turn – THE WRONG FREAKIN WAY!!!!! Noooooo!!!! Yes!

Go back – about five minutes earlier when I said that I weighed about half as much as her. Sistergirl MUSCLED my narrow ass back around in the correct direction and with that we were off to the races. She probably couldn’t even tell that my dainty ass was going the wrong way. The rest was lovely and we ended with a bang. I felt pretty good and she felt great. The director seemed very happy too. She complimented me on the way out and said I was funny and wonderful. I told her she was “wonderfuller”. So that was that and I walked home with a smile on my face.

Two hours later @ 12:40 I got a call saying I was on avail for the spot. Great! My agent informed them of the 17th, 18th & 19th slightly conflicted with the dates of the “Texas Lottery” spot which are in the 19th, 20th & 21st. They seemed pretty confident that I could do both spots if I booked them.

Two more hours later my agent calls saying that “WaMu” added the 20th to the shoot dates. They also asked that if I had to make a decision which one I would prefer to do. My answer “both of them”, lol!

Later, I stopped by my agents’ office and spoke to everyone and they said that the CD of “Texas Lottery” spot was being really cool about the potential conflicting situation. That’s great because these are the two commercial casting directors that call me in the most frequently. I would love to book both spots and it’s very possible.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

No comments: