Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I knew this was going to happen sooner or later and I told myself that I’m just not going to worry all that much about it. I’ve always been very available to audition during the day without conflicts – unless it was other auditions. But now some of my days are occupied with training or working. That means I’m going to miss some auditions – I had the talk with my agents and they are very understanding of the situation.

So today I missed my first commercial audition in 9+ years due to working on something other than an acting project. I thought I was really, really right for it too – and it shoots out of town. I’m overdue for another first-class flight somewhere and a 5-star hotel stay. It certainly isn’t in my personal budget. The only times I’ve ever been abroad have been because of commercials. I’m also really overdue to book at this particular office – crazy overdue.

Funny, I have a friend that I consult and she was going to take a commercial course with a particular teacher. I didn’t have a problem with that teacher, but I thought it would be smarter for a couple of reason to study with this casting director/teacher instead. He has since cast her in 3 commercials and brings her in pretty regularly. He brings me in regularly too, but I haven’t booked squat – never – not yet.

Actually, I ended up breaking even for the day because I got a same-day appointment for a different commercial that was fun and went pretty well. Six of one; half a dozen of another…

Audition: “WaMu” @ Ross Lacy Casting. OMG! I had to learn a dance number for this with a choreographer. I suck at dancing; I mean I truly have two left feet. I can learn steps, but it takes me longer than most and even then I look crazy stiff. Eventually, when I get the moves “in me” and I start looking like Usher! Not really; maybe more like Pusher.
Anyway, me and the other two dudes were supposed to have women auditioning with us, but it was right before lunch and no women were there. I think if I had to do those moves with a woman somebody would’ve gotten hurt. Nevertheless we had fun and I think the choreographer was pleased.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

No comments: