Monday, December 10, 2007

Wow. I didn’t have one audition all last week. That isn't totally alarming, but I usually have something going on anyway. Actually, I had a ton going on and not having a single appointment was quite welcoming for my psyche. It enabled me to concentrate on some other things I’ve been doing – namely training. When I get into something I can be like a mad man – for better or for worse.

I have to say that it feels great to be busier and have more things to do during the day. I was starting to feel really lazy. Sure, my schedule is going to get even more hectic, but I welcome it. I get more done when I have more to do. A lot of things that are supposed to happen are happening in my life I think. Much of it very quietly, behind the scenes and internally.

For years I’ve spent numerous hours behind the wheel of my car driving around doing drop-offs. It’s funny, because when I first started doing them many thought it was a waste of time. I was cool with that notion, but I knew I had to do what I had to do. I had a plan that even I didn’t understand at times, but I remained faithful to it – whatever it was.

The plan worked exactly as it was supposed to, but now it’ll take a different shape in order to keep moving forward into ’08 and beyond. I needed to shift gears; part of that strategy is to bring my agents more into the fold. My agency relationships that have been maturing for almost 10 years are going help “Project Stephon” move forward. I’m more excited than I’ve been about being in LA than I have been in a long time – even with all of the industry turmoil going on.

The key for me is to not simply work harder, but to work smarter – then work harder. Hope I can pull it off…

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

No comments: