Friday, December 21, 2007

Physically, I’m in serious recovery mode after working this week, I’m unbelievably sore. My entire body is aching; from my neck to my toes. BUT I gotta keep movin’ forward. First up is a phone call to my commercial agency to see if I can get in for callbacks for the audition I couldn’t make yesterday while shooting. Part of me believes that it’s really okay that I missed it because of the conflict category.

Well, more accurately, it doesn’t have any conflicts because it’s an “internet only” run. The thing is that it’s in a “category” I’m a little protective of – a category I’ve worked in before and made good money in. Plus, the director for those spots doesn’t usually have callbacks – so you start a second base. Maybe not the smartest reason, but it’s what I’m thinking. I mean, if they agree to let me go to callbacks I’ll definitely, but I’m not going to push the issue.

Next is an email to my commercial agent who handled the booking detailing my exact hours for each day of work – including the 3rd audition, the 6 and ½ hour fitting, the forced work call and the stunt bump. I have to keep track of this stuff. I recently had a little situation concerning a job I did for Fox Studios. It was nothing too major, but several hundred dollars of which I get 90%. I handled it directly; on my own.

The assistant at the agency called back to let me know that the casting office will bring me in “if” they decide to see anyone on a first call at callbacks – didn’t sound promising, but that’s okay.

Now, I drive over to my commercial agency to meet the two new assistants in the commercial department. Both of current assistants are moving on to new opportunities more in line with their career aspirations. They’ve been great and I wish them the best and I want the new crew to know who I am in 3-D. While there I discussed the shoot with my agent. She explained how the pay works when doing multiple spots in multiple days and gave me a few other tidbits of good news about the commercial.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

No comments: